Pages

Jun 19, 2009

Winnipeg Blue Bombers exhibition game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats



I know this is a couple of days late in the posting, but it has been a busy couple of days...

My favorite time of the year is football season and I was fortunate to be able to go to the first exhibition game of the season for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Yay!

This exhibition game is always a good time to test out new ways to do things, like try a new work flow, which is what I did on Wednesday night. Normally we (as in most of the photographers) wait until the break at half-time to go to our little media room and start transmitting photographs back to the office. In this day and age of instant internet gratification half-time is a long time to wait for a photograph. So, with that in mind I decided to see how much time it would take to transmit from the sideline during the game. It turns out that it's not as long as I thought it might be, but it was long enough that I would not feel comfortable doing it during the regular season if we didn't have the proper number of photographers covering the game. I was able to transmit ten photos before the end of the half, mostly while Hamilton was in possession of the ball. I sent three photos in the third quarter then realized that all the photos that were sent during the break would be more than enough for the web staff to deal with.

If all goes well during the next game that I can get to I will try it again.

For now here is a selection of the images I processed for the Winnipeg Free Press.

And a clip of video that I was able to grab at the end of the game with my point'n shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment