Pages

Jun 9, 2009

NEWSFLASH - We're No.1


Just got a nice e-mail from our editor telling me our newspaper just won the Excellence in Journalism Award from the Canadian Journalism Foundation.

She says, "The CJF Excellence in Journalism Award is based on the following criteria: originality, accuracy and fairness, social responsibility, accountability and accessibility, diversity, professional development, courage and independence.

The judges said our submission – your work of the past year – was ‘dazzling.’

I’ve said this before – the quality of the work this small newsroom produces every day is extraordinary.

But now it’s official, and you can’t go all Winnipeg on me. You’re the best."

I'm not in any of the video, but I took the photo that was on the front of the "pink paper."

Cool. Now lets hope we don't see anymore cutbacks in the newsroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment