Pages

Jan 4, 2009

Weekend Driving



Had to do a bit of driving outside the city yesterday and I can tell you the roads were not good. Late in the morning I heard about an accident that happened up on Hwy. 6 about fifteen minutes outside the Perimeter. Scary story, a pregnant mother was in one of the vehicles with her two children. A guy that came upon the scene shortly after it happened told me that one of the kids was pinned against the ceiling of the car in its booster seat when he arrived. The booster seat was probably what saved the kids life. Half of the car was ripped apart. Unreal.



Our video editor wasn't working on Saturday so I could have done the assignment without shooting any video, but the condition of the vehicles and the fact that they let us walk right up to the accident (the patients had all been transported already)...

My new Canon HF10 had to stay in the car because I don't have the right software to process it. I used my point and shoot camera, a Canon G10. It does a passable job and the breaking news aspect of the story helped to cover its deficiencies.

Hopefully I can get the right program (Final Cut Express) to edit the stuff that comes out of my new video camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment