Pages

Jan 11, 2009

Ice Fishing on the Red River


A couple of weeks ago I had an assignment to go shoot ice fishing with a reporter on a Saturday. The kind of weather related fun story that would fill a hole in a Sunday or Monday paper. Unfortunately it was the same Saturday that Winnipeg and area was hit with some unpleasant weather, so, it kinda got put onto the back burner.

This past week on Thursday I was trying to think of a good story to work on and realized that the beautiful sunny (though very cold) day would be perfect for the ice fishing story. I got a reporter assigned to it and off we went.

The very first people we talked to were extremely nice and open to talking about ice fishing. The second they mentioned that one of them would be going back to his home country of Grenada to visit family in a couple of weeks I knew that I had a hook for the video story.

No comments:

Post a Comment