Pages

Jul 25, 2009

Parking ticket composite illustration



Over the past number of years I have seen some really great composite photography produced by photojournalists and have wanted to do some of my own ever since I saw a post over at 10000words.net. A couple of months ago I heard that one of our reporters was going to do a special report on the parking situation in Winnipeg and I knew right away that this was going to be my first crack at making a composite illustration. Naturally I had a couple of weeks of vacation booked shortly there after and I figured it wasn't going to happen for me. Then when I got back and it had not run yet I got a little excited until I discovered that I would be behind a desk as the photo editor for two weeks while my boss took vacation. Our summer photographer, Trevor Hagan, had been around for part of my brainstorming rants during a ride-along two months ago so I was able to convince him of the idea of making a composite image. I told him all he had to do was shoot it while I would do the post-processing work. He was game. Yay!

Our video editor saw how many images Trevor took and wanted to make a slide show/video of all of them.

Here is the result:



I have learned a great deal by working on this first composite illustration and look forward already to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment