Pages

Apr 8, 2009

Floodway Gates Open With Almost No Notice #flood09

Was almost redirected to a late morning assignment to get a pic of Christine Melnik looking at the ice close to the St. Mary bridge over the floodway. We decided that there was no need of another pic of her looking at flood preparation. Our mistake it turned into a presser about the sudden decision to open the gates. Oops.

I got there about an hour after they started the procedure and did my project thing first. Lots of people. It was a good thing that I had started talking to the owner of the house whose dike I was standing on a few weeks ago. They are actively chasing people off the property.



Then I went up onto the gates bridge and maybe got something for A1. I wasn't sure when I left the office.

I drove south on Red River Rd to St. Adolphe and back up 200 taking pics along the way. My last stop was at the St. Mary's bridge that goes over the floodway. They were clearing away big chunks of ice from the banks of the floodway.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment