Pages

Mar 12, 2009

Water main break creates foot deep lake for two blocks

Froze the tips of my fingers again. Today I wore my long underwear and its a good thing cause I found myself rolling around in the snow trying to get the right angle for a photo.

The lake started about 50 feet south of the Wellington intersection with Century Street and continued north past Saskatchewan. At times it got to at least a foot deep.

It was interesting to watch people drive through parking lots to get around the police barriers then realize the error of their ways when the water got too deep.

I ended up submitting way more photos to the desk because my first batch focused on city workers trying to clear the ice. My second batch were a lot looser to try to show the amount of water. Good thing I shot the loose pics while I was out there. I would not have been happy if I had to go back.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on the MTS High Speed Mobility Network


No comments:

Post a Comment